|Lesson #1 Examples of Tableaus|
|Lesson #2 Examples of Charades|
|Lesson #3 Two Levels of Reader’s Theater|
|Lesson #4 Venn Diagram Food Sort|
|One of the Pilgrim games students can learn to play|
- Students read about the Mayflower, take notes, then create narrated group tableaus depicting the Pilgrims’ journey
|Station #1 Example of group performing a tableau|
|Station #1 Tableau storyboard group planning sheet|
- Students read about the first winter, take notes, and play charades demonstrating the hardships of the Pilgrims’ first winter in America
|Task Cards guide students at each station|
|Example of Station #2 “First Winter”|
|Station #3 Two Levels of Reader’s Theater|
- Students read about two Native Americans who were influential in helping the Pilgrims thrive in their new home, take notes, then practice and perform a reader’s theater of Squanto teaching the Pilgrims how to plant crops
- Students read about the first Thanksgiving, take notes, then complete a Venn diagram sorting foods at the first Thanksgiving, foods from Thanksgiving today, and foods found at both feasts.
|Food Venn Diagram from Station #4 “Thanksgiving Feast”|
- Directions for “Three Men’s Morris” and “Blind Man’s Bluff” are provided for this optional 5th station. Both of these games were popular at the time of the first Thanksgiving and may have been games that Pilgrim children would have played.