This printable or digital read-aloud lesson plan pack for Valentine’s Day includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response to text writing activities including a craftivity, and detailed lesson plans to help you meet several core standards while maintaining your tradition of reading aloud for pleasure. You will guide students to use evidence from the text to deepen their understanding of the story and respond in meaningful ways.
These lesson plans will guide you through 3-5 daily interactive reading lessons. Each day students will interact with the book for a different purpose and then complete a corresponding activity.
To teach these lessons you will need:
A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger
This lesson plan pack includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plan with Full-size Examples
- Text Dependent Questions and Answer Keys
- Key Ideas and Details Graphic Organizers
- Character’s Feelings Graphic Organizers
- Compare and Contrast Crankenstein and A Crankenstein Valentine
- Things that Make Me Say Yechhh Writing
- Poem Writing
- 2 Craftivity Patterns and Instructions
- Graphic organizers pre-loaded to Google Slides and Seesaw
***Google slides graphic organizers have text boxes for students to type. Some have movable parts.
***Seesaw has many interactive tools to choose from. Text boxes are not pre-loaded on the graphic organizers because students may want to type or draw, which they can easily do with the provided tools in the program.