4 School-Themed STEM Activities
- Playground Challenge: Work with your partner/group to build a playground fixture that is both safe and fun.
- Puppy Challenge: Using a single piece of paper, work with your partner/team to create the longest and strongest leash possible for Pogo so he can still explore outside without running away or breaking the leash.
- School Bus Challenge: Build a school bus that can go quickly down the hill and can drive a long distance without stopping.
- Crayon Box Challenge: Together with your partner/group, build a sturdy box that will hold your crayons and protect them from getting lost or broken.
What materials are required for STEM activities
We’ve included a list for material recommendations, but this challenge can be done with materials you have on hand, such as paper, pipe cleaners, cups, popsicle sticks, string, scissors, cotton balls, cardboard, rubber bands, glue, and tape.
What will teacher receive with each STEM activity?
- Step-by-Step lesson plans
- STEM Challenge worksheets for each step of the design process
- Printable templates for design enhancements
- Vocabulary Cards
- Explore science connections with QR codes and an infographic
- Materials List
- Ask Poster
- STEM Challenge Poster
- Recording Sheets
- Engineering Design Process posters
- Self/Group Evaluation Checklist