This resource is preloaded to Google Slides and SeeSaw. One click links are provided for the activities on both platforms making it easy to assign to students digitally.
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at included activities.
These digital Candy Cane themed activities include:
- READING: “The Legend of the Candy Cane” text with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- RESPONDING TO TEXT: Opinion writing: “What legend do you believe is true?”
- MATH: Candy Cane Graphing and Measurement practice pages (differentiated)
- GRAMMAR: Candy Cane Adjectives with moveable pieces
- ACTIVITY: Candy Cane Exchange activity with pre-recorded audio and moveable pieces
- READING ACTIVITY: Link to Katie the Candy Cane Fairy read-aloud and a events response activity( video linked to YouTube)
- SCIENCE ACTIVITY: Dissolving Candy Cane Science Experiment prediction and video link (video linked to YouTube)
- DIGITAL CRAFT: Make a candy cane activity with moveable pieces
You will receive these digital resources:
A link to the activities above, digitally created in Google Slides
A link to the activities above, digitally created in Seesaw
Teacher overview of activities
We included step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities to students in Seesaw and a video tutorial for assigning through Google Slides.
Please note: these are digital activities only and do not contain any printable materials.
If you are also looking for corresponding Candy Cane themed printables, please visit
our “12 Days of Christmas in the Classroom” printable resources
***Google slides graphic organizers have text boxes for students to type.
***Seesaw has many interactive tools to choose from. Text boxes are not pre-loaded on the graphic organizers because students may want to type or draw, which they can easily do with the provided tools in the program.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio in Google Slides so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on this platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. While the audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it. As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase. Visit our Candy Cane Freebie Christmas In The Classroom.