No prep, Cookie themed digital activities to engage your students in meaningful learning mixed with fun! This resource is preloaded to Google Slides and SeeSaw. One-click links are provided for the activities on both platforms making it easy to assign to students digitally.
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at included activities.
- READING: “Holiday Cookies Around the World” text with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- RESPONDING TO TEXT: Note taking and cookie facts match-up
- WRITING: Opinion- My favorite cookie, or Informational- Cookie traditions
- MATH: Dividing into equal groups (differentiated)
- READING ACTIVITY: Link to The Cookie Fiasco, a math-based read aloud video
and a sequence of events activity ( video linked to YouTube)
- WRITING ACTIVITY: Rewrite Mrs. Claus’ missing cookie recipe
- ACTIVITY: Who took the cookies reasoning clues
- ACTIVITY: Cookie word search
- DIGITAL CRAFT: Cookie cutter stamping
You will receive these digital resources:
- A link to the activities above, digitally created in Google Slides
- A link to the activities above, digitally created in Seesaw
- Teacher overview of activities
We included step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities to students in Seesaw and a video tutorial for assigning through Google Slides.
: these are and do not contain any printable materials.
If you are also looking for corresponding Cookie themed printables, please visit
- our “12 Days of Christmas in the Classroom” printable resources
***Google slides graphic organizers have text boxes for students to type.
***Seesaw has many interactive tools to choose from. Text boxes are not pre-loaded on the graphic organizers because students may want to type or draw, which they can easily do with the provided tools in the program.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on the Google Slides platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. As a possible work around, we now include back-up mp3 files and instructions for manually inserting the audio into Google slides. While audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it.
As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.