This Dental Health Learning Quest unit provides research activities that guide students through independent learning about their teeth.
Students are self-directed as they independently complete the learning quest activities. These activities can be completed as traditional classroom lessons, centers, independent work, homework, or are great for fast finishers.
The Dental Health activities are offered in both print and digital so teachers can mix it up to find the perfect balance of versatility that meets the face-to-face and device-based learning needs of a modern classroom.
Students listen to or read the texts, complete interactive activities, watch a video clip, write in response to learning, and submit answers to a quiz. No prep, research activities all about Dental Health that will surely engage your students!
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at included activities.
The PRINTABLE learning quest activities include:
- Dental Health focus Activity
- Informational texts
- Note catchers
- Parts of a Tooth Infographic and Labeling (cut & paste)
- How to Brush Your Teeth Infographic and Sequencing (cut & paste)
- Dental Tools Infographic and matching (cut & paste)
- Dental Health Vocabulary (cut & paste)
- 4 Types of Teeth Infographic and matching activity (cut & paste)
- QR code to Why We Brush Our Teeth (video linked to YouTube)
- Writing response pages
- Dental Health quiz
This DIGITAL learning quest resource includes:
- Dental Health focus Activity
- Informational texts with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- Note catchers for taking notes
- Parts of a Tooth Infographic and Labeling with moveable pieces
- How to Brush Your Teeth Infographic and Sequencing with moveable pieces
- Dental Tools Infographic and matching with moveable pieces
- Dental Health Vocabulary with moveable pieces
- 4 Types of Teeth Infographic and matching activity with moveable pieces
- Links to a Why We Brush Our Teeth video clip (video linked to YouTube)
- Writing responses
- Dental Health Quiz
You will receive these digital resources:
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Google Slides
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Seesaw
- A link to a self-grading quiz compatible with Google Forms
We include step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities in SeeSaw and a video tutorial for assigning the Google Slides. The activities are also provided in a printable format (PDF) for color or black line copies. Just click on the included links and assign to students digitally or provide as a printable packet. Perfect for a variety of learning models!
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on the Google Slides platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. As a possible work around, we now include back-up mp3 files and instructions for manually inserting the audio into Google slides. While audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it.
As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.
If you like this resource, check out these other learning quests.