No prep, research activities for December that will surely engage your students! This resource is compatible with Google Slides, SeeSaw and is printable. Just click on the included links and assign to students digitally or provide as a printable packet.
These Learning Quests provide research activities that guide students through independent learning about:
- Las Posadas
Students listen to or read the texts, complete interactive activities, watch a video clip, write in response to learning, and submit answers to a quiz.
Please view the video preview for each topic to take a closer look at the included activities.
These learning quest resources include:
- Focus activity
- Informational texts with pre-recorded audio that can read aloud to students
- Note-taking sheets to record learning from the texts
- Variety of interactive learning activities with moveable pieces
- Links and QR codes to video clip (videos linked to YouTube)
- Writing responses
- Quizzes for each topic
You will also receive these digital resources:
- Links to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Google Slides
- Links to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Seesaw
- Links to each self-grading quiz compatible with Google Forms
We included step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities to students in SeeSaw and a video tutorial for assigning through Google Slides.
The learning quest activities are also provided in a printable format (PDF) for color or black line copies.
Students can be self-directed as they independently complete the learning quest activities and turn them in digitally. These activities can be completed is traditional classroom lessons, or this is also a great resource in the classroom for fast finishers.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio in Google Slides so the story can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on this platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. While the audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it. As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not seem to have the same issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.