INCLUDES SEESAW AND GOOGLE SLIDE PRELOADED LINKS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING! They are perfect for your blended or hybrid learning model.
Get students reading and responding to the storyJack and the Beanstalk in minutes with zero prep! This resource is compatible with Google Slides, Seesaw and is printable. Just click on the included links and assign to students or provide as a printable packet.
This self-directed learning quest guides students through digital independent reading activities for the story Jack and the Beanstalk. Students watch an introductory folktale video, listen to or read the story, complete comprehension activities, write story responses, and submit answers to a quiz.
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at the included activities.
This learning quest resource includes:
- Instructional folktale mini-lesson video for students
- Folktale story, “Jack and the Beanstalk” with pre-recorded audio that can read the story aloud to students
- Story elements activity with movable pieces
- Sequencing activity with movable pieces
- Cause and effect activity with movable pieces
- Character traits activity with movable pieces
- Moral of the story writing activity
- Opinion writing activity
- Jack and the Beanstalk Comprehension Quiz
You will also receive these digital resources:
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Google Slides
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Seesaw
- JPEGs of alternative activity options that can be loaded in Seesaw or as slides
- A link to a self-grading quiz compatible with Google Forms
We included step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities to students in SeeSaw and a video tutorial for assigning through Google Slides.
The learning quest activities are also provided in a printable format (PDF) for color or black line copies.
Students can be self-directed as they independently complete the learning quest activities and turn them in digitally to get more immediate feedback. This is also a great extension resource in the classroom for fast finishers.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on the Google Slides platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. As a possible work around, we now include back-up mp3 files and instructions for manually inserting the audio into Google slides. While audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it.
As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.