This butterfly learning quest guides students through digital independent research activities about butterflies. Students listen to or read the text, complete activities, watch video clips, write in response to learning, and submit answers to a quiz.
Get your students doing independent research on butterflies in minutes, with zero prep! This resource is compatible with Google Slides, SeeSaw and is printable. Just click on the included links and assign to students or provide as a printable packet.
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at the included activities.
This learning quest resource includes:
- Informational text with pre-recorded audio that can read the text aloud to students
- Labeling life cycle activity with movable pieces
- Links or QR codes to video clips (videos linked to YouTube)
- Analyzing photograph activities
- Labeled diagram and vocabulary activity with movable pieces
- Writing responses
- Butterfly Lifecycle Quiz
You will also receive these digital resources:
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Google Slides
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Seesaw
- A link to a self-grading quiz compatible with Google Forms
We include step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities in SeeSaw and a video tutorial for assigning the Google Slides.
SEESAW AND GOOGLE SLIDE PRELOADED LINKS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING! Perfect for your blended or hybrid learning model.
The learning quest activity resource is also provided in a printable format (PDF) for color or black line copies.
Students can be self-directed as they independently complete the learning quest activities and turn them in digitally to get more immediate feedback. This is also a great resource in the classroom for fast finishers.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on the Google Slides platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. As a possible work around, we now include a link to back-up mp3 files and instructions for manually inserting the audio into Google slides. While audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it.
As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.