This Fall Mobile challenge is designed to help your students think outside the box and learn how the world works.
The STEM Process:
Present the STEM challenge: Build a balanced mobile for the classroom by using at least two different items found in nature for each rod. Your mobile needs to have 3 rods.
What Materials Are Needed?
We’ve included a list for material recommendations, but this challenge can be done with materials you have on hand, such as paper, pipe cleaners, cups, popsicle sticks, string, scissors, cotton balls, cardboard, rubber bands, glue, and tape.
- Step-by-Step lesson plans
- STEM Challenge worksheets for each step of the design process
- Printable templates for design enhancements
- Vocabulary Cards
- Explore science connections with QR codes and an infographic
- Materials List
- Ask Poster
- STEM Challenge Poster
- Recording Sheets
- Engineering Design Process posters
- Self/Group Evaluation Checklist