Gingerbread Themed Activities – What’s Included?
READING: “The Story of the Gingerbread Man” text with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- RESPONDING TO TEXT: Gingerbread Story Map activity
- WRITING: Opinion Writing response prompts
- MATH: Gingerbread Place Value practice pages (differentiated)
- ACTIVITY: How to Bake Gingerbread recipe sequencing with moveable pieces
- ACTIVITY: Roll-a-Gingerbread activity with virtual dice and moveable pieces
- MATH ACTIVITY: Guess-my-Number place value riddles (differentiated)
- ART ACTIVITY: Directed Drawing video link (video linked to YouTube)
- DIGITAL CRAFT: Dress a Gingerbread activity with moveable pieces
You will receive these digital resources:
A link to the activities above, digitally created in Google Slides
A link to the activities above, digitally created in Seesaw
Teacher overview of activities
We included step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities to students in Seesaw and a video tutorial for assigning through Google Slides.
Please note: these are digital activities only and do not contain any printable materials.
If you are also looking for corresponding Gingerbread themed printables, please visit
our “12 Days of Christmas in the Classroom” printable resources
or our 5 Day Countdown to Winter Break printable resources, which pair well with this digital resource!
***Google slides graphic organizers have text boxes for students to type.
***Seesaw has many interactive tools to choose from. Text boxes are not pre-loaded on the graphic organizers because students may want to type or draw, which they can easily do with the provided tools in the program.
An important note about pre-recorded audio:
We have pre-recorded the audio in Google Slides so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on this platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. While the audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it. As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.