Students will learn about five Winter Holidays in this fun and engaging unit.
Each lesson starts with an engagement activity to get students excited to learn more about the holiday. We’ve even included texts with photographs for each holiday that can be projected or printed. Through reading, answering text dependent questions, note taking, and writing, the students will become experts on Christmas, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Las Posadas. After studying each winter holiday, students are excited to create amazing art projects related to them.
The Winter Holidays Unit includes:
- full lesson plans
- 5 texts, one for each holiday
- text dependent question cards
- engagement activity for each holiday
- multiple note-taking sheet options
- multiple writing sheet options
- art project lesson plans for each holiday
Don’t miss out on the chance for students to gain a deeper understanding of cultures and holiday traditions around the world!
Winter Holidays Around the World Lesson Plans are also available for grades 4-6.