In this easy-for-teachers Jackie Robinson elementary lesson plan you’ll receive no prep research activities on Jackie Robinson that will surely engage your students! This resource is compatible with Google Slides, SeeSaw and is printable. Just click on the included links and assign to students digitally or provide as a printable packet.
This Jackie Robinson Learning Quest provides research activities that guide students through independent learning all about Jackie Robinson and his role in the Civil Rights movement. Students listen to or read the texts, complete interactive activities, watch a video clip, write in response to learning, and submit answers to a quiz.
Please view the video preview to take a closer look at included activities.
This learning quest resource includes:
- Notice and wonder focus activity
- Informational texts with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- Note catchers for taking notes
- Timeline infographic and activity with movable pieces
- Fun Facts infographic True/False activity with a movable piece
- Jackie Robinson Quotes Character traits activity
- True and False activity with moveable pieces
- Links and QR code to video clip (video linked to YouTube)
- Writing responses Jackie Robinson Quiz
You will receive these digital resources:
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Google Slides
- A link to the activities above, digitally created as a learning quest in Seesaw
- A link to a self-grading quiz compatible with Google Forms
We include step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities in SeeSaw and a video tutorial for assigning the Google Slides. The learning quest activity resource is also provided in a printable format (PDF) for color or black line copies.
Students can be self-directed as they independently complete the learning quest activities and turn them in digitally. These activities can be completed is traditional classroom lessons, or this is also a great resource in the classroom for fast finishers.
An important note about pre-recorded audio: We have pre-recorded the audio so the text can be read aloud to students. Some districts block audio files they do not own, meaning the audio may not play for your students on the Google Slides platform. In this case, we have no way to alter your district’s settings. As a possible work around, we now include a link to back-up mp3 files and instructions for manually inserting the audio into Google slides. While audio enhances the student’s experience in the learning quest, students are able to complete the activities without it. As another note, the pre-recorded audio provided in the Seesaw platform does not have the same playback issues. Please take this into consideration before making your purchase.