What’s included in the November STEM Project?
Present the STEM challenge. Then students imagine, explore, reimagine, plan, create & test, improve, reflect, and evaluate their designs.
STEM challenges included in this bundle:
- Football Challenge: Use the provided materials to fold a mini-football and build a goalpost. Remember you can only use your finger to flick the football through the goal post.
- Turkey Challenge: Use the provided materials to build a 3D enclosure. It needs to be fully enclosed so the turkey can’t fly away.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Challenge: Build a table that is strong enough to hold a can of vegetables. You can only use a single 8×11 piece of paper and 12 inches of tape.
- Fall Mobile Challenge: Build a balanced mobile for the classroom by using at least two different items found in nature for each rod. Your mobile needs to have 3 rods.
What Materials are needed?
We’ve included a list for material recommendations, but this challenge can be done with materials you have on hand, such as paper, pipe cleaners, cups, popsicle sticks, string, scissors, cotton balls, cardboard, rubber bands, glue, and tape.
Each STEM Challenge Includes:
- Step-by-Step lesson plans
- STEM Challenge worksheets for each step of the design process
- Printable templates for design enhancements
- Vocabulary Cards
- Explore science connections with QR codes and an infographic
- Materials List
- Ask Poster
- STEM Challenge Poster
- Recording Sheets
- Engineering Design Process posters
- Self/Group Evaluation Checklist