Space Exploration Unit Lesson Plan Overview
This Space Exploration Unit Lesson Plan is part of our Learning Quest suite. These products are designed to allow young students to do complete research activities using guided independent activities about exploring space.
Space Exploration Unit Lesson Plan includes
- Riddle focus activity
- Informational texts with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- Note catchers for taking notes
- Spacecraft matching activity with moveable pieces
- Space exploration timeline infographic with moveable pieces timeline activity
- Spacesuit infographic with “label the spacesuit” activity with moveable pieces
- What belongs in space? sorting activity with moveable pieces
- Links and QR code to a Space Station video clip (video linked to YouTube)
- Writing responses
- Exploring Space Quiz
How it works for students
The best part of our learning questions is that each resource can be completed as a class or individually. Students will complete an indendent activity such as listen to or read the texts, watch a video clip, then the student will be prompted to write in response to learning. At the end of each of the research projects students will be asked to digitally submit answers to a quiz about Space Exploration.
How it works for Teacher
We know you’re busy teachers. That’s why we include step-by-step instructions on how to assign the activities (SeeSaw/Google Slides). When you download the resource, follow along to find the instructions that works best for you.