Sun Patterns 1st-2nd Grade Lesson Plan + Activities
This Sun Patterns Lesson Plan is part of our Learning Quest suite. These products are designed to allow young students to do complete research activities using guided independent activities about exploring sun and other stars.
Sun Patterns 1st-2nd Grade Lesson Includes
- True/False focus activity
- Informational texts with pre-recorded audio that can be read aloud to students
- Note catchers for taking notes
- Day/Night infographic and activity with moveable pieces
- Label the Sun activity with moveable pieces timeline activity
- Constellation infographic with create your own constellation activity with moveable pieces
- Harmful or Helpful effects of the Sun sorting activity with moveable pieces
- Links and QR code to a Space Station video clip (video linked to YouTube)
- Writing responses
- The Sun and Other Stars Quiz
- How it works for students
The best part of our learning questions is that each resource can be completed as a class or individually. Students will complete an indendent activity such as listen to or read the texts, watch a video clip, then the student will be prompted to write in response to learning. At the end of each of the research projects students will be asked to digitally submit answers to a quiz about Sun and other stars.