Thanksgiving Dinner STEM challenge
This stem is designed to help your students think outside the box and learn how the world works. This Thanksgiving Dinner STEM challenge helps students explore the engineering design process using common materials.
The STEM Process:
Present the STEM challenge: Build a table that is strong enough to hold a can of vegetables. You can only use a single 8×11 piece of paper and 12 inches of tape.
We’ve included a list for material recommendations, but this challenge can be done with materials you have on hand, such as paper, pipe cleaners, cups, popsicle sticks, string, scissors, cotton balls, cardboard, rubber bands, glue, and tape.
- Step-by-Step lesson plans
- STEM Challenge worksheets for each step of the design process
- Printable templates for design enhancements
- Vocabulary Cards
- Explore science connections with QR codes and an infographic
- Materials List
- Ask Poster
- STEM Challenge Poster
- Recording Sheets
- Engineering Design Process posters
- Self/Group Evaluation Checklist