Classroom TRANSITIONS are routines that are used regularly as a way to smoothly shift students from one activity to another in an effort to save valuable instructional time. Efficient transitions are an important part of quality classroom management and can positively influence your classroom culture.
These 20 transitions are categorized into four of types:
- •Entering the classroom
- •Starting an activity
- •Changing activities
- •Exiting the classroom
- We have provided multiple ways to use and display these TRANSITIONS. As we introduce them to students, we use the the projectable slides or posters with the written directions to help everyone remember the procedures.
This resource includes:
- •Teacher “Songbook Style” sheets
- •Teacher “At a Glance” sheets
- •Printable posters to create a classroom chart or bulletin board
- •Printable cards to create a classroom chart or ring
- •Projectable posters (some with audio clips and/or editable sections)