This resource provides 21 easy-to-implement formative assessment and self- reflection strategies that check for understanding. Each formative assessment strategy comes in a printable or digital format perfect for your blended or hybrid learning model!
Formative assessment—discovering what students know while they’re still in the process of learning it—can be overwhelming. Not anymore! This ready-to-go bundle of formative assessment tools will help you easily deploy quick, effective strategies that keep kids engaged and accountable during lessons and inform your instruction along the way.
This resource includes 21 formative assessment strategies and:
- Overview for teachers
- At-a-glance sheets
- Teacher reference cards
- Projectable instruction slides for students
- Printable materials and posters
- Photographs of the strategies in action
Strategies are compatible with Google Slides and includes these DIGITAL items:
- Digital individual student response slides (for 1:1 technology classrooms)
- Digital group student response slides (for distance learning)
- Instruction slides for students
Formative assessment strategies are an awesome tool because:
- They offer an informal way for teachers and students to track what students understand throughout a lesson in relation to the learning target/objective.
- They guide teachers and students to make immediate adjustments throughout the lesson to better master the learning target/objective.
- They guide teachers to make informed decisions about when the time is right to move on to the next learning task or objective.
- They give students the opportunity to identify when they are struggling to understand the learning target/objective, allowing the teacher to address students’ needs by offering differentiation and specific feedback.