Interactive Read Aloud Lesson Plan to Meet Standards
Do your students love interactive read aloud lesson plan time? We do too! It is one of our favorite times of the day. Interactive read aloud lesson plans and reading time when we come together as a class and escape into a fantasy world for a short period. Moreover, our students instantly become mesmerized by the stories.
- We love watching their faces change as the plot thickens.
- Seeing them wait as we slowly turn the page during intense moments.
- We love listening to their laughter during the silly parts.
- Most of all, we love modeling a love for reading. It is a time for us to show students that reading is fun and magical.
Interactive Read Aloud Time Was Diminishing
Together, we discussed this problem and decided to come up with a way to solve the issue. We realized the Core Standards needed to be infused into our interactive read-aloud lessons, by reading with a purpose (not on the fly) and creating a plan ahead of time by developing mini-lessons. After brainstorming together, we’ve developed effective interactive read aloud strategies to meet core standards during our read-aloud lessons.
The 6 Read Aloud Strategies to Meet the Core Standards
- Extend the read-aloud over a few days to allow time to dig deeper and cover multiple standards
- Read closely by revisiting the text with a different purpose each day. As an example, use small discussion strategies
- Ask text dependent questions that require kids to refer to the text to provide evidence for their answers
- Include a graphic organizer that reinforces the purpose
- Incorporate a writing component
- Integrate art
By incorporating these components we will be able to conquer all 8 Reading Literature Standards. This brainstorming session evolved into a year-long project…
Plus, Read-Aloud Lessons to Help You Meet the Core Standards
We came up with a year’s worth of curriculum, teaching to the core one read-aloud at a time by using books from our Scholastic book orders. Here are exciting read aloud activities designed to meet the core standards with you. We are teaching the Core One Read Aloud at a Time!
– The Core Coaches
We'd like to send you a free interactive read-aloud that is easy to use in either a print or digital format!